Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day 14 - Rest / Day 15 - Core Synergistics

Yesterday was my rest day and that's exactly what I did. I originally thought I might do the stretch workout, but never really got around to it.

This is the beginning of week 3 and today I did Core Synergistics. I feel like I keep getting better each week. I still really suck at the push-ups though. Being a soccer player, I don't really have much use for my arms...they kind of just hang there like a T-rex's!! They're not really that bad, but I don't have a lot of upper body strength. Most of my push-ups are done on my knees, but I do try to do some in full plank position.

So since I've completed 2 whole weeks, here are some results:

Weight: Over the two weeks, I gained a little over 4 lbs then lost it, so I think I'm pretty much back to where I started now. If you want to get technical, I've lost 0.4 lbs since I started, but statistically, I'm pretty sure that's not a significant change.

Measurements: All of my measurements are still the same except for my waist. I've lost 1.5 inches there!

Overall: Overall I feel great! My back is feeling better, I feel like I have more energy and I feel like I'm getting stronger. I also think I'm starting to see a bit more muscle tone, but it's hard to tell. The other day, my soccer coach told me he noticed I was looking a bit fitter and I was surprised that others could see any change.

So things seem to be right on track. I didn't really expect to see any changes yet, so I was pleasantly surprised to see I lost a bit in my waist.

Another thing I should mention...I got this drink mix from GNC called "Endurance". You drink it while you work out and it's supposed to give you more energy so you get more out of your workout. I've been using it for almost a week now and I think I'm able to see a difference in my performance...or maybe I'm just getting fitter and can do the exercises better. So in addition to this, I often have a Myoplex bar about 1/2-1 hr before working out and I have a protein shake after.

No comments:

Post a Comment