Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 34 - Kenpo X

Today I decided to do kenpo wearing 5lb ankle weights. It definitely made the kicks harder and I felt like I got a good workout in my butt and hips. I think I'll probably continue to use the weights from now on.

Today was also the first day that I used my new heart rate monitor. I'm still unsure if I'm setting my limits right, but I decided to set my lower limit at 133bpm (the lower limit for a moderate workout) and the upper limit at 170bpm (the upper limit for an intense workout). I spent most of the time in the 160's to 170's. If I noticed I was going over 170, I would pause and get it down a little bit, which is what Tony says to do.

From what I've read, staying in the low to moderate workout levels is better for weight loss, but this was pretty near impossible. So I just focused on trying to keep my heart rate below 175ish.
I ended up burning over 500 kcals during the kenpo workout. Afterwards, I went for a walk with my friend since it was so nice out today, so today I burned a total of 930 kcals!! This is really good because I had pizza for supper! I really haven't been doing very well with my nutrition lately.

Meals:
  • Breakfast: 2 pieces multigrain toast with almond butter, juice
  • Supper: 1 piece of pizza, garlic fingers with donair sauce, small glass of diet coke
  • Snack: chocolate bunny, blueberries

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one enjoying some chocolate treats this Easter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, you're certainly not alone! I do feel guilty though!

    ReplyDelete