Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 19 - Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X

I was a little late getting my workout done yesterday because we went out for supper with friends. So I didn't end up starting until around 9PM. I mixed it up a little bit last night by doing ARX before Legs and Back instead of after. I think I prefer it this way. It was good to get it out of the way so I didn't have to worry about it later. Plus, I had more energy to work my abs. I'm not saying I performed better at ARX this way, it was just less tiring.

As always, ARX is a killer for me, but at least it's short. I can manage to do 25 reps on the "in and outs" and on the "bicycle", but that's about it. For the rest of the moves, I can get to about 11-12 reps, then take a break and finish the last 5 or so with the group.

Legs and Back went well. I decided to use the stretch band for my pull-up moves. I think I prefer it this way. I feel like I have more control and that I'm getting a better workout that way. Eventually I'll go back to the pull-up bar, once I get stronger, but for now I'll stick with the band.

I think my favourite move on the Legs and Back DVD is the calf raises. Man they hurt, but I like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment