Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 44 - Cardio

The last two days I complained that I felt a little sluggish during my workout, and I have a theory as to way. Both days, I didn't have my usual pre-workout protein bar and I also didn't drink my during-workout drink. Today I had both and I felt way more into it. Perhaps I'm on to something! Burned 377 cals

Today was my first day of really trying to go by the nutrition guide. For the next several weeks, I'm following Phase 1: Fat Shredder (because that's what I need to do!) So here are the results:

Protein: 5/7 (5 servings out of a recommended 7)
Dairy: 1/3 (ran out of milk)
Fruits: 2/1
Vegetables: 3/4
Fats: 1/1
Carbs: 2/1
Snacks: 5/3
Condiments: 2/2

Consumed 2640 cals
Recommended Intake: 2008 cals

As you can see, I'm not quite on the mark. It's really hard to get in the right amount of proteins and only eat one carb. I need to get groceries though so hopefully I'll do better next time.

Meals:
  • Breakfast: Corn Bran Squares cereal with skim milk
  • Snack: nuts
  • Lunch: sandwich with lettuce, tomato, turkey breast, mayo. Spinach salad with mandarin oranges and strawberries, and a tiny bit of poppy seed dressing (dipped my fork in it every once in a while, didn't pour it on salad)
  • Snack: 1 cup blueberries, protein bar, protein shake with water
  • Supper: Shrimp and veggie stir fry with fish sauce, hoisin sauce and garlic

Sorry there is so much about what I ate. I'll try and consolidate it a bit next time...or you can just skip over it. I won't be offended!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Heather ...nice to see you are doing the nutriton plan! If you are having trouble getting enough protein - which is very common during phase 1 - try some whey protein powder.

    You can buy the EAS 100% Whey Protein at target for $22 a tub. Mix it with your morning milk and you'll easily accomplish your protein requirements!

    Good luck - you are doing great!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff. I was a little concerned about getting enough protein, but I realized that I could just supplement with the powder. Don't have Target here in New Brunswick though, but can get it at GNC. The hard part is only having one carb! Yikes! But I did it today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, you're nearly half way there!! Amazing. Is it wrong to say that I always get hungry reading your blog? Mmmmm, carbs. My fave. ;)

    ReplyDelete