Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 47 - Legs, Back and Ab Ripper


I skipped my P90X workout yesteday because I played soccer for close to 2 hours. I spent some time debating whether I should do the legs and back workout earlier in the day, but I'm glad I didn't. I think my legs would have been really sore. It was our first time outside this season and the weather was fantastic! It felt so good to be playing soccer outside after being couped up in the gym all winter!

Today I did Legs, Back and Ab Ripper...not in that order. I did ARX first, then the rest after that. There's nothing really exciting to report about the workout. Burned 483 cals.

I've been following the nutrition plan for a few days now and things are going really well. It's not nearly as difficult to follow as I had originally expected, but it is really hard to only have one carb a day. It takes some planning, that's for sure. So far so good though! I'm doing the Fat Shredder plan because I have a fair bit of weight that I'd like to lose (about 20-30lbs). A few years ago I weighed around 127lbs and I'd really like to get back to that weight. But for now, if I can get to 135-140, I would be really happy! I have muscley (is that a word?) legs, so I usually look smaller than I weigh.

Here's what I ate today:

  • Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 1c skim milk
  • Snack: plain, fat free yogart with blueberries
  • Lunch: Spinach salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegrette, 2 veggie dogs with WW buns, ketchup and mustard
  • Snack: 12 mini rice cakes, protein bar
  • Supper: Chicken breast, spinach salad with goat cheese and raspberry vinegrette, mushrooms and yellow peppers
  • Snack: Low fat pudding

Summary:

  • Protein: 6/7 (6 out of 7 recommended servings)
  • Dairy: 3/3
  • Fruits: 1/1
  • Veggies: 4/4
  • Fats: 1/1
  • Carbs: 2/1
  • Snacks: 3/3
  • Condiments: 3/2

7 comments:

  1. Just a helpful tip... If you buy the low cal bread (35 calories per slice) you can have 6 slices of bread per day. It helps me feel fuller without the load of calories. You can get it in whole wheat so it is still complex carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! That's a great idea! I'm still getting used to what's allowed and what's not with this plan. I'm trying to go by the list that they suggest and haven't figured out substitutions yet. I've been having a bit of a hard time with breakfasts lately. I usually would have cereal or toast, so having eggs/omelets each day is getting pretty boring. I miss my cereal and/or toast!! So this solves that problem. I'll buy some low cal bread on the way home after work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KASHI has a GO LEAN cereal that has alot of protein and very few calories and carbs. I normally count it as one protein and 1/3carbs credit. There are two different kinds... the crunch is best, but higher in calories. The regular is 50 less calories per serving, so I normally mix the two. Quick and easy protein and saves u those carbs. I love my carbs, so anything to spread them throughout the day, I have tried. Also RICE A RONI has some whole grain rices that are great and they take olive oil so I count it as part of a fat and part of a carb... Depends on how much I eat for how much carb credit I count it as. If you have any questions, post the comment and I will try and help. I am on day 43 and anal about the diet, so I probably can help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, can't believe I only found your blog now. Anyway, great job! The diet part of P90X is the only thing holding me back but I think I do okay. I really want to get it together though, to get best possible results I can.

    Hey I have a side question, how do you get one of those click able calendars you have that counts down the days? I've been trying to get one for a while but don't know which gadget it is. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p90xtreme mama, thanks for the ideas. I really like the crunchy Kashi, so maybe I'll try that. I guess you really just need to go by the number of calories things have and determine how much of a serving it counts for. I've only been on the diet part for a few days, so I'm still learning.

    Annie, the little countdown that I have in the top corner isn't a gadget in itself. I just used a text gadget and typed in all the numbers. As I go along and make a new post, I just create a link for each number. It's pretty simple! Hope that helps.

    Thank you both for commenting. p90xtreme mama, do you have your own blog? You should!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never done alot on the computer... I just browse at work and since starting p90x I have been really looking at blogs... My husband was supposed to do it with me and he flaked! LOL! He says maybe my second round. I have kept a journal and have thought about putting it down on a blog. My sister has one about saving money with coupon shopping, I bet she could help me get started... Thanks for the incentive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like reading other people's blogs. They inspire me to keep at this program, plus you can meet lots of really great people! If you do start one, let me know!

    ReplyDelete