Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 57 - Chest and Back, Ab Ripper

Day one of phase 3! This is the first time I've done this workout and I found it was challenging but not too bad. I'm getting way better at push-ups and I've moved to using only one foot on the chair when I do pull-ups. With this workout, I'm going to have to get heavier weights though. So far, in other workouts, I've been fine with 8lb weights. I used 10lb ones last night for this workout and it wasn't enough. I was able to get to 20 reps and that's too many. I should be failing at 10-15. Maybe I'll try my resistance bands too and see how that goes.

I'm liking the change in routine in phase 3. I was getting a little bored because phase 1 and 2 were pretty similar. One thing I'm a little concerned about is the fact that I don't do a legs workout at all this month in the lean program. I'll still working my legs a lot in other workouts, but not totally focusing on them. But, I figure the creators know what they're doing, so I won't stress myself out about it too much!

I've been thinking recently of trying BeachBody's Shakeology. It's pretty expensive, but when you break it down, it's not too pricey on a per day basis...that is if you live in the States. I had finally decided that I would order it to give it a try, but I forgot that I need to add the shipping, taxes and exchange rate. What started at $119 USD per month, ended up being $172 CAD per month!!! I'm disappointed because I did want to try it, but I just can't justify paying that much for a 30 day supply.

2 comments:

  1. Chest/Back...my Phase 1 nemesis. Those Diamond Push ups are right up there with Corn Cob Pull ups and Pike Press in the pantheon of my most hated P90X exercises. Good luck with Phase 3...you should see the most dramatic results in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to some dramatic results! Any yea, the diamond pushups....yikes!

    ReplyDelete