Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 42 - Legs, Back and Ab Ripper

Last night I went out for supper with my cousin, so I wasn't able to do my workout right after work when I usually do it. It really makes a difference I find when I can't workout when I get home. Once I eat supper, I need to let it digest for a bit, making it even later before I get around to working out. I was REALLY tempted not to do my workout last night because it was after 8pm before I was able to start, plus, I had a headache. But I sucked it up and did it and I'm glad I did! I also thought that I might just skip Ab Ripper, but I ended up doing that too!

I did Ab Ripper first, as usual. I think if I had left it to the end, I probably would have skipped it. I know I've said this a lot, but I love doing ARX before the rest of the workout. It's such a nice feeling at the end of the longer workout, to know that I've already done it.

I felt a little sluggish during the whole workout last night. Maybe it was because I had a headache (which went away by the way!), or maybe it was because I didn't drink my "Endurance" drink to keep me going. I did the whole thing, but I just didn't feel into it.

As I said, my headache went away from working out. I had it most of the afternoon and evening and had taken meds for it, but that didn't work. Maybe working out got my blood flowing and that why it went away. Anyway, I'm glad it did and it's good to know for next time!

Before I wrap it up, I just wanted to say that I ordered P90X Plus and Chalean Extreme today from the beachbody.com website. Since I'm halfway through P90X, I thought I should plan ahead and be ready for when I'm done. I still haven't decided exactly what I'll do for the summer because I'll be playing soccer 2-3 times a week. I might just decide to go for runs or bike on my off days. I'll probably also do some weight lifting so I don't lose what muscle I've built so far. I don't know if I want to fully commit to a program over the summer because I'd like to be able to do it straight like the schedule suggests. I still have some time to decide I guess!

Meals:
  • Breakfast: Corn Bran Squares cereal and skim milk
  • Snack: Coffee
  • Lunch: Part of a turkey breast and ham sub from Subway, a few chocolates
  • Supper: Salmon with roasted red pepper and pecan sauce, roasted potatoes, veggies, and half a piece of chocolate cake.
  • Snack: protein shake with skim milk

No comments:

Post a Comment