Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 49 - Stretch

I opted for a stretch day instead of resting because I really love this "workout" and I feel so great after it. I'm working my way up to being able to do the single leg stretch with the yoga block like Shawna does it in the video. So far I'm able to have the block sideways so I'm using the larger of the widths...if that makes sense...not the full length).


I did the workout before we went out for supper with friends tonight. And I was pretty good at supper...I had meat and veggies (skipped the potatoes), and only a few bites of a friend's cake.


Here's what I ate today:

  • Breakfast: 2 pieces of low cal. toast with honey
  • Snack: cinnamon raisin bagel with marg. (cheated a little here, but someone brought them to work for us), protein shake with soy milk
  • Lunch: 1 c. vegetable soup, spinach salad with strawberries, mandarin oranges and poppy seed dressing (1T), small piece of cheese
  • Snack: 2 oz. soy nuts, couple of bites of cottage cheese (I keep trying to like this stuff, but I'm not so sure it's working)
  • Supper: Approx. 3 oz of pork tenderloin and 3 oz of lamb, broccoli, tomato, turnip, and a few bites of cake

I rearranged our exercise room this evening because friends of ours are letting us babysit their treadmill, so I needed to make room. I LOVE having a dedicated exercise room! Here are some pictures:

Note the cat on the bottom left.


And the pull up bar:




I've even been given the ok to paint the room however I like, and my BF suggested that I do a mural of some sort. I think that would be so fun, so I've got some thinking to do!

4 comments:

  1. Cottage cheese is possibly one of worst things I've ever tried to choke down for this nutrition plan. I just can't do it so I feel your pain!

    By the way, I love that hand chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought I liked cottage cheese for a while, but I think I was wrong!

    As for the hand chair, that's my BF's. I'm not a fan and I think it's going to the garage! I think he's outgrown it anyway and it just doesn't go anywhere in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would make a great Halloween decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same pullup bar but I do notice that the sides scrape against the door. I didn't bother putting a piece of fabric there so that it wouldn't scratch the siding and am regretting that now.

    ReplyDelete