Monday, May 25, 2009

Soccer and Massage

Yesterday was my first league game of the summer. It was a beautiful, sunny day and we played on the turf, which is awesome to run on. And thanks to P90X, I felt amazing!!! I'm usually really out of shape at the beginning of the summer season and only really get into shape by the end of the summer...when the season is over. So it felt fantastic to actually be in shape at the beginning! Imagine how fit I'll be by August!

For the past several weeks, I've been dealing with piriformis syndrome, which is when your piriformis muscle pinches the sciatic nerve. It's rather irritating and aches most of the time. Today I went to see my massage therapist right after work and when I told her my problems, she asked if I had plans later in the evening "because this is going to hurt!" Holy crap, she wasn't lying! I've never had such a painful massage before. But it's all good and I know it will help in the long run. So my instructions for tonight are to rest and ice one area, while putting heat on another. So I guess I'll be skipping my P90X workout tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment