Tuesday, September 15, 2009


I had a second consult with the surgeon today and we have decided that it would be best if I have surgery. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about...I have a herniated disc which has forced me to quit soccer, the P90X program, and keeps me from doing any sort of activity other than the day to day stuff. The waiting list is about 3-4 months so it will probably happen in Dec. or Jan. That works out perfectly because we hope to be moving into a new house next month (we're getting movers so I won't have to lug boxes) and I'll be off during the really crappy weather this winter!

I'm really happy with this decision because there is relief in sight! And hopefully I'll be better than ever after about 3 months recovery. I have my doubts that I'll be able to play soccer next summer because it's a bit too rough with a lot of pounding, but with any luck I'll be able to hike, bike, run, etc.

I'm continuing to (try) to eat healthy and so far haven't gained any weight since I stopped exercising. I've been hovering at around 151 lbs for a couple of months now but can't quite break into the 140's. I'll keep trying though! I really miss being able to exercise every day, since I got into quite a routine with P90X. I hope to pick it up again sometime in the future, but I guess it's just baby steps for now!